The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network RVA (YNPN RVA) is looking for the next crop of young leaders! Applications are open for the 2020 leadership team and we are recruiting for both board and committee members through September 6th! Here’s a peak into the work of the Communications Committee – one of 3 main committees for YNPN RVA!
Executive Administrator, Weinstein JCC
Donor Relations Associate, ICA at VCU
Policy Director, Children’s Home Society of Virginia
Gabrielle Jones (co-chair 2018 & 2019)
Digital News Editor, Virginia’s home for Public Media (VPM)
Stephanie Hathaway (co-chair 2019 & 2020)
Regional Manager, Soles4Souls
What’s the best part about being on the YNPN RVA Communications Committee?
- Being able to spread the word about the great events that YNPN RVA hosts for nonprofit professionals and individuals pursuing or considering a nonprofit career.
- The opportunity to build soft-skills in a professional environment.
- Working alongside hard-working YP’s who show up, take action and quickly accomplish the objectives to successfully communicate events and such to YNPN RVA members.
- Getting to utilize some skills that you do not use on a daily basis at my job.
Why join a YNPN RVA Committee?
- To get more involved with YNPN RVA and get a deeper understanding of everything it has to offer.
- To network at a deeper level with other nonprofit professionals.
- To give back to the nonprofit community.
- The ability to meet new people.
- To create a deeper connection with YNPN RVA members.