Responsible for your organization’s communications and marketing? Chances are, you don’t have access to expensive design software. Whether you need to design a holiday e-card for your donors, or a social media graphic, Canva, a free online graphic design platform, can help make your job easier. If you haven’t heard of Canva, you’re missing out! Here are our favorite things about Canva:
- The templates! It’s never easy tracking down the correct sizes for Facebook cover photos or Twitter posts. Canva’s social media templates are already sized to fit specific platforms, making it easier for you to hit the ground running with a great design. You can also create presentation slides, infographics, flyers, and more.
- Free photos and graphics! There are tons of free or low cost photos and graphics available to insert in your designs to make them pop. You can also upload your own logos and images.
- User friendly! If the prospect of using a new online tool scares you, fear not. Canva is very easy to use, with a click, drag, and type kind of feel.
- Easily share your designs. Need to get someone’s opinion on your design? You can easily share a design via e-mail with your colleagues or manager for approval, and download the final product to use in your collateral.
- Free premium account for nonprofits. Canva offers their Canva for Work subscription for free to nonprofits. Premium features include the ability to magically resize designs for different platforms, save your own brand templates, colors and fonts, extra team collaboration features, and more. Apply for your free Canva for Nonprofits subscription here.