On December 5, 2013, ConnectVA 501 Tech Club presents the 2013 Social Media for Nonprofits Conference, hosted by Community Idea Stations | WCVE. The theme is Engaging Your Audience: From Boomers to Millennials (and Beyond) and will feature expertly-led breakout sessions.
Learn about Lianna Woods, Tumblr, social media expert and conference session leader:
Storytelling with Tumblr – share your organization’s story with millions of users on Tumblr! This session will provide tips and tricks that will help you save time and build momentum around your programs and initiatives by engaging your community. Register here.
“Tumblr builds everything with community in mind — we celebrate creators, empower curators, and encourage sharing and networking all over the world.”
What does engaging a multi-generational audience through social media mean to you?
Encouraging and inspiring others through social technologies is key. Starting a conversation, of sorts, is essential to this process, whether that means opening up about your true self, sharing interesting and helpful information, or create beautiful material. Engaging your audience is all about eliciting a reaction or response through contributions to others, in order to create excitement and interest in your brand.
3 things people should know about you:
- I live in Church Hill (and love it)
- Estate sales and auctions are my version of sporting events
- I have a pet cat who cannot jump
3 things people should know about Tumblr:
- Tumblr loves Richmond! We’ve spent time volunteering in the community, throwing Tumblr RVA Meetups to hang out with local users, and love frequenting local businesses
- Tumblr is in the top 15 sites in the US and climbing!
- Tumblr Richmond staffers aren’t too proud to admit to loving Segway rides (especially when paired with historic tours)
Lianna Woods works in the Tumblr Richmond office and is a general interest enthusiast. She loves helping people find their voice on Tumblr in the easiest and most rewarding ways possible. You can find Lianna on Twitter @LiannaWoods