Resources You Can Use for Your Next Special Event
It’s that time of year again – special events season! Whether you want to reward volunteers, raise funds, or bring your community together, you can use these tips and resources found in ConnectVA’s Knowledge Center (powered by IdeaEncore) to make your next special event a success!
1. Don’t try to throw an event on your own. A successful special event requires support from many different branches of your nonprofit, including your board of directors. Check out Create a Signature Event with Board Help (shared by Karen Eber Davis Consulting).
2. Reaching out to your current supporters to host events, especially during holidays, is a great way to find new supporters and cultivate a community around your cause. Check out Donor Events Inside the Home – Best Practices (shared by Graceful Fundraising).
3. If your organization has built a large pool of potential donors, you can start the fundraising process through events designed to engage supporters before asking for contributions. Check out Cultivation Events Toolkit (shared by Linda Lysakowsk LLC).
4. Don’t forget about risk management! Check out Sound Advice for Functions and Events (shared by The Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group).
5. Remember to use those social networks you’ve spent all year developing! Check out Leveraging Social Media for Nonprofit Events (shared by Nonprofit Webinars).
Have a resource to share? Sign-in and comment below!
You can also create a free IdeaEncore account to access and share reports, articles and other publications in ConnectVA’s virtual online resource library.
Courtesy of www.4Good.org, inspiring innovative connections between people, organizations and movements for greater social impact.