The Community Foundation for a greater Richmond is excited to announce the selected participants for the 2018-2019 cohort of Emerging Nonprofit Leaders!
The Emerging Nonprofit Leaders Program is a dynamic nine-month experience for the next generation of nonprofit leaders in the metro Richmond area. In this engaging program, participants can foster a deeper understanding of their leadership capacity, advance their understanding and practice of leading in the nonprofit sector, and strengthen their network of nonprofit colleagues.
Now in its twelfth year of operation, the program has demonstrated measurable results, building a cadre of talented leaders for the future of the Greater Richmond community.
In addition to participating in engaging sessions on topics including strategic leadership, organizational change, collaboration, and coaching others, participants:
- Experience team building through rigorous and challenging activities in an outdoor setting
- Develop deep relationships with other nonprofit leaders
- Participate in a live nonprofit case study
- Increase awareness of their leadership through a thorough assessment process, including 360-degree feedback and the Birkman Method Assessment
- Benefit from individual leadership coaching, provided by professionals with experience in leadership development and nonprofit management
- Network between sessions by engaging in dialogue with the other participants and instructors
- Interact with five local exemplary Executives-in-Residence in a forum where they share their experiences and perspectives
- Participate in Small Peer Practice groups led by ENLP Alumni
- Have access to a supportive online cohort-based e-learning platform.
Nonprofit applicants were selected based on their potential to make a significant future contribution to the nonprofit community through assuming higher and increased levels of leadership, show substantive history of involvement in the nonprofit sector through employment, volunteerism, or board service and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development, continuing education, and lifelong learning.
In August, a committee made up of ENLP Alumni reviewed applications to ensure that the 12th cohort met above criteria and that the group would be diverse and comprehensive representation of the local nonprofit sector.
The 2018-2019 Emerging Nonprofit Leader Participants
- Analise Adams, Program Director, Shalom Farms
- Kate Ayers, Executive Director, Re-Establish Richmond
- Raven Bates, Communications Manager & Office Coordinator, Virginia Community Development Corporation
- Caroline Browell, Marketing & Communications Manager, Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia
- Nausha Brown-Chavez, Program Manager, The READ Center
- Sara Buckheit, Post Adoption Program Manager, Children’s Home Society of Virginia
- Shannon Castleman, Executive Director, Oakwood Arts
- Yong Chae, Finance Director, Senior Connections
- Terry Ebright, Food Pantry Manager & Communications Associate, GoochlandCares
- Catherine Estevez, Assistant Director, Communities in Schools VA
- Diana Fales, Training Manager/Yardi Specialist, Better Housing Coalition
- Sakina Jackson, Deputy Director, Child Care Aware of Virginia
- Robert Larkin, Training Coordinator, Richmond Residential Services, Inc.
- Erin Lingo, Agency Relations Manager, Feed More
- Jessica Ramirez, Director of Advocacy & Public Relations, Rx Partnership
- Tiffany Thomas, Director of Programs, Partnership for the Future
- Lisa Thompson, Child Development Services Program Manager, ChildSavers
- Aly Truesdale, Director of Development, Special Olympics Virginia
- Sherman Urquhart, YouthBuild Program Director, Pathways
- Stephen Vicoli, Transition Coordinator, The Healing Place, CARITAS
- Pilar Waters, Program Director, U.S. Referrals, World Pediatric Project
- Erin Wischer, Operations Manager, Community Foundation for a greater Richmond
- Alle Witt, Grants Manager & Development Officer, CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
- Mary Beth Yates, Development Manager, Children’s Museum of Richmond
Congratulations to all who were selected to be a part of Emerging Nonprofit Leaders cohort!