With Young Nonprofit Professionals Network RVA
Mon, November 7th | 1:00PM - 1:30PM
A great boss or supervisor supports, inspires and pushes others towards excellence. A great boss is an effective communicator, passionate, intuitive and resourceful. And finally, a great boss is truly committed to developing the careers of the people they supervise.
Does a great nonprofit boss supervise you? Or perhaps a boss from a former position at a nonprofit here in Richmond comes to mind. Here’s a chance to give them the recognition they deserve and the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) RVA wants to give you the platform to acknowledge them.
Here are some things to consider when nominating your boss/supervisor:
- Works in a Nonprofit organization
- Supervises at least one staff member
- Has been in her/his role for 6 months or more
- Maintains control and gets things done in an appropriate time frame
- Advocates and participates in creating a positive and inclusive work environment and community
- Anticipates and/or proactively prevents approaching challenges
- Creates an environment where others are empowered to make change to improve services, process, and procedures
- Integrates open communication and values expression of honest concern from everyone involved to achieve the highest levels of team performance
- Runs effective and efficient meetings
- Values work-life balance for themselves and those the supervise
- Is self-aware and acknowledges his/her own strengths and weaknesses
Selected Great Boss candidates will be recognized by YNPN RVA at an event the last week of November or early December – more details to come.
NOMINATIONS DUE NOVEMBER 8TH
Nomination Form Link: https://goo.gl/forms/9fbjhIHR07dKTsNf2