ConnectVA team with Scott McKay, CIO, Genworth Financial at the ConnectVA launch in December 2012.
ConnectVA was launched one year ago in December of 2012, as the unification and redesign of ConnectRichmond and ConnectSouthside. Built on the successfully legacy of the Connect system, specially for our community, ConnectVA continued as a virtual nonprofit and civic hub that provides information-sharing tools and resources that empower individuals, advance organizations and strengthen community.
Since that time, ConnectVA has grown to have:
- +1 million pages viewed on ConnectVA since its launch
- +64,000 unique visitors accessed
- +2300 registered users using information daily
- +850 participating organizations and businesses
New Features in 2013!
Communications: In March 2013, ConnectVA launched its blog and Weekly Update e-newsletter highlighting a selection of regional activity from the website as well as community news and upcoming events. Features include user spotlight, tech roundups, event recaps, and resources you can use.
- Learn to modify your subscription options to ConnectVA’s communication updates.
- Business Directory: In April 2013, ConnectVA’s Business Directory went live. The “go-to” place for finding businesses that provide services, products, and discounts to nonprofits.
- Message Boards: In May 2013, ConnectVA launced the Message Board. A place for users to participate in cause-related dialogue and seek real-time answers on important needs and issues. In combination with the Daily Update, the Message Board replaced the Connect email groups.
Looking Foward to 2014!
- Basics Needs Directory: ConnectVA is enhancing its Health & Human Services Directory by leveraging the power of AuntBertha.com to facilitate efficient referrals and enhance awareness of resources in our community. With the financial support of The Cameron Foundation we are able to provide our community with comprehensive directory of not only local but also state and national service information.
- Connect to Students: Locate prospective student interns for your nonprofit from the region’s various universities and community colleges.
- Meeting & Venue Space: Finding local meeting and venue options that are available for free or at a discount will easier than ever!
Mark Your Calendar Now & Save the Date!
- Internship Boot Camp on January 10th: Get your nonprofit’s internship program started on the right food in 2014!
- Career & Internship Fair on February 5th: In collaboration with regional universities and colleges, the fair will connect nonprofits with prospective interns and employees.
- Fostering a Creative, Multi-Generational Workforce on March 11th: Gain innovative and collaborative approaches to fostering a creative, multi-generational workforce with YNPN RVA and C3 – Creative Change Center.
- Nonprofit Resource Fair on April 22nd: Network with nonprofit organizations, meet other service providers, learn about leading practices in nonprofit management, and advertise nonprofit service offers.
ConnectVA thanks you for using the ConnectVA system and for continuing to help make it the best it can be! Happy holidays to you and yours – we’ll see you again in 2014!