This year’s Amazing Raise is over, fall has arrived and the end of the year will be upon us before too long. If your fundraising still needs a jump before January 1, check out these tips from IdeaEncore and 4Good (which power ConnectVA’s KnowledgeCenter) to perk up your fundraising.
1. Involve your volunteers in fundraising. Tap into their skills, social networks and enthusiasm to help your nonprofit raise more money. Download Vantage Points’s Handbook for Employees Working with Knowledge Philanthropists to learn more about working effectively with volunteers.
2. Redesign your materials. Stand out and engage new supporters with a facelist for your website, publications, social media pages and other marketing materials. The Nonprofit Website Project Handbook, from SmartCause Digital, includes steps geared towards launching a new website, but it can be applied to much of your marketing materials.
3. Hold an auction. Whether part of an event, or an event on its own, an auction can help you attract new donors from across your community and build excitement about your nonprofit. Learn strategies for improving your auction results with Sherry Truhlar of Red Apple Auctions on Wednesday, October 9 at 1:00 pm EST in a free webinar, Silent Auction Secrets: 5 simple changes to generate bigger bids.
4. Launch a campaign geared towards businesses. Grow your presence in your community by targeting a fundraising effort towards local businesses instead of just individuals. Download Linda Lysakowski’s Annual Business Appeal Toolkit for the forms and procedures that you need to get started.
5. Brainstorm to come up with your own ideas. Play Bristol Strategy Group’s SMART Fundraising Game! for an easy and fun way to get your entire staff and board thinking about fundraising. If you think of a great, new idea for fundraising, share it with your peers on IdeaEncore.
How is your nonprofit spending the last months of the year to meet its fund development goals? Sign in to comment below and share your tips so that fellow nonprofits don’t fall behind this fall!